As part of DGS’ effort to promote sustainability and a healthy workplace, the department is participating in the annual “May is Bike Month” event, which challenges people to choose bicycling for all types of trips including those related to work, school, errands and recreation throughout the Sacramento region.
It’s time to get ready for Bike Month! Here’s how:
- Register at https://www.mayisbikemonth.com/ and log your bike miles.
- Invite friends to join the fun using the Invite a Friend tool and share it with all of your Facebook friends or via email. If you invite two or more friends to join in on the fun during May is Bike Month, you will be entered into a special prize drawing.
- Like the May is Bike Month Facebook page to get daily updates on hot upcoming events, local biking info and tips on businesses that are offering a discount to cyclists. If you want the super insider tidbits, follow May is Bike Month on Twitter and Instagram.
- Join the Capitol Bike Fest: Thursday, May 11 at 11 a.m. on the west lawn of the State Capitol.
NEW 2017 features:
- Trips + miles: Pledge and log both trips AND miles this year. This means enhanced leaderboards, additional badges & more ways to participate!
- Upgrade your badges: Earn badge multipliers for things like attending energizer stations, referring friends and riding on hot/rainy days.
- Log in with Facebook: Less time logging in = more time on your bike.
While May is a great time for bicycling, DGS is committed to promoting the health and well-being of DGS staff and encouraging the use of sustainable and environmentally friendly transportation all year round.